Can stress cause hair to fall out
Everyone feels anxiety due to combination of stress and hair loss. It’s very natural and the more we accept and acknowledge it, the better. This may be a surprise, but without herbal oil our hair wasn’t meant to stay in your head for a long period of time. There is a natural life span to each strand of hair after which it falls out . In fact, we all lose about 100 hairs per day,2 out of the 100,000 contained by the average scalp. This is due to a few factors:
- Aging: After the age of 35 (and often before), men and women both start losing hair, though men tend to do so at a higher rate.
- Lifespan: The average lifespan of a single hair is 5 years; the hair then falls out and is quickly replaced within 6 months by the growth of new hair.
- Styling: Artificial shampooing, blow-drying, and brushing hair can all cause hair loss ; most of us do this regularly.
If you’ve lost hair as a result of stress, there’s every chance that once your stress levels are back to normal, your hair will start to regrow and you’ll start experiencing less hair fall.
Try working on reducing your stress levels as well as towards a general well-being, in no time you’ll regain every strand of hair that you’ve lost.
Losing hair as a result of stress and anxiety is called ‘Telogen effluvium’. This condition is temporary and reversible.
What we can do to avoid stress and hair loss?:
- Try working on reducing stress.
- Take a Healthy diet
- Have a strong hair routine in place.
- Make sure you give nourishment required for your hair.
- Spend time with positive people and on positive things.Always remember that stress and hair-fall caused due to stress are both temporary